Tuesday 7 July 2009

We're all going on a summer holiday

It's holiday time, and the boat's ready to go. Wahoo!

No time for any pictures (will get some on holiday), but here is a brief rundown of what we've got done in this last week.

We've ammended the rollers on the back of the trailer. They seemed to sit in the most awkward place on the bottom of the boat, so we've grinding some bits and moved some bits to make them sit all nice.

When sorting the boat insurance a name was needed. I had to make a decision there and then. Well, maybe not right there and then, I had a think overnight. But in the end, and after some careful browing of various boat name websites, I went for the slightly comical "Wake My Day". Later in the week I purchased some vinyl stickers of the name for the sides of the boat.

I also grabbed a couple of fenders for the side of the boat from the local Sawley Marina.

One slightly worrying sight was when we decided to check the gearbox oil - loads of water poured out from where the oil should be! I think this must have mounted up throughout the years, as it smelt quite bad like it had been in there for ages. Probably from a small leak. Fortunately, oil floats above water, so it was easy enough to drain only the water. We've now topped up the oil and will have a look for any water when I get back from holidays.

See you when I get back from holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment