Sunday 31 May 2009

...And back on again!

The trailer is now complete. Hooray! Much work was needed, but we've finally got it done. Firstly, the original winch post was so badly damaged that a complete new one has been welded up by Dad. Then all the rollers were replaced, and a frame was welded below the rear roller as it was too low down for the boat.





New mudguards were purchased and new frame welded for those. The whole trailer has been rust treated and painted.



The side rollers have been given a bit of a makeover.

And finally, two new Mini wheels have been bought. I only wanted one as a spare, but the two were in such good condition we bought the pair.

2 comments:

  1. What type of suspension is on that trailer? I am building a boat trailer of my own. Awesome job by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of suspension is on that trailer? I am building a boat trailer of my own. Awesome job by the way

    ReplyDelete