Sunday 1 February 2009

Dreaming of a life on the sea

Hello all, and welcome to my little blog.

I've been looking for a speed boat for a few months now. I've only been after a small one, as I live in the Midlands and it won't be used every weekend. However, the main reason is so that I can take it to Torbay for a couple of weeks every year. I've spent summer holidays there for over 20 years of my 25 on this planet. My Dad used to have a Shetland 535 which he took down there every year. Now I want a boat which I can take down. Abeit, a bit of a smaller one that someone as incapable as me can use.

I'm no stranger boating on the sea however. Whilst I was growing up my family had an 8-ft inflatable dingy with a Yamaha 5hp engine. That engine could stand for a year and still start. My car stuggles to start if its left standing for more than a day.

Boats I'm looking at are generally in the 14-15 ft range, with preferably a 50hp + engine. A Fletcher or a Glastron would be nice, but as long as it works, I don't really mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment