Saturday 14 February 2009

I've got one!

I've bought a boat! It's one I've been watching on Ebay for a few days, and after getting a bit drunk after one of my band's gigs last night, I came home and made an offer. Only to wake up this morning and realise that, I'd won it! Fantastic. Here are some pictures from the listing.

I don't know the make or model of the boat, but for the tidy sum of £1000 I'm fairly pleased with my purchase. Especially as it has a 70hp, 2-stroke Johnson outboard. This should really fly when I get it on the water! It's from a place in Anderton, Cheshire called Soot Hill Motorcycles. I believe somebody used it as a part exchange on a motorbike. Although I'd rather have the boat myself...

It is in need of some work however. Here's the description as it appears on the listing:

For sale is this 15ft speed boat with fiberglass hull. It has fitted the extremely powerful 70hp johnson seahorse engine (3 cylinder, 2 stroke) the engine starts and runs fine on all 3 cylinders.It has both forward and reverse gears on front controls with remote electronic power tilt/trim.It also has a recently fitted NASA marine offshore radio with distress function. The boat is also fitted with a cassette radio.Both radios have independent airials. On the front panel of this boat you will find the electronic bilge pump controls with both auto and manual functions.Under the front panel is the fire extinguisher.The fuel tank is a 22 liter portable type filled with fresh fuel and quality marine 2 stroke oil. Also fitted to the boat is a tow poll for use with skis, wake boards, doughnuts etc.The fiberglass hull is in good solid condition, with no obvious major damage or repairs. The trailer that the boat sits on includes, a light board,jockey wheel and working mechanical winch. Please note that this boat has come to us in part exchange against a motorcycle and appears not to have been used for a while, as such it may need a few minor repairs, a general service, and a general check over. In the rear of the boat is a 12v car type battery that will need charging or replacing. The power tilt has worked in the past but need attention (possibly the switch). please note that one trailer mudguard,although functional, may need to be replaced. One tyre has some cracking but does hold air. The trailer itself tows well staying straight and stable. The engine can be seen running by hooking up to a battery with jump leads. It also comes with a long length of water hose, I imagine this is for flushing or cooling the engine whilst out of the water. Please note that the engine has been started by us for a maximum of 20 seconds, then turned off as these engines can not be run for extended periods out of the water. With this boat comes a flourescent prop cover and a very thick and comprehensive operators manual

I'm going to pick it up next Sunday (Forest and Derby play the next Saturday, so I couldn't possibly miss that).


No comments:

Post a Comment