Sunday 22 February 2009

My 'adventure' officially starts here

Today I picked the boat up. As my car doesn't yet have a towbar, my Dad drove up to collect the boat. The owners showed us the engine starting, and Dad checked the wheel bearings on the trailer. All seemed fine. I haven't really had chance to take any pictures, but I will do so next week.

Once I got it home I had a look around. It was quite minging inside, and had obviously been standing for quite a while. Lots of leaked petrol and stale water on the carpet. Plus lots of general crap such as empty WD-40 cans and frayed bits of rope. A cleat seemed to be missing from the front of the boat, but that was later located under one of the rear seats. Lots of water under the floor too, but most of that could be drained out by the drainage hole in the back.

Overall, the boat just needs a general clean, and a bit of modernising. I think I will recover/redo the dash and inner side panels at some point, and the rear seats definetely need replacing.

The trailer is also in need of a fair bit of welding and rust treatment, but it seemed to tow back absolutely fine.

My Dad also realised the meaning of the 'funny' name - "Pistol Knight". That would have to go!

It was late in the day at this point, and any cleaning would have to wait for the next weekend. My Nanna has kindly offerred to let me keep the boat on her drive, so it was off to hers to park it there for the week.

Right after I put some gaffa tape on the holes in the cover...

No comments:

Post a Comment